Mon, Jan 16|
Heritage Village Activities Center
SAT Workshop 2023
Learn how to interpret your October 2022 PSAT scores and use this knowledge to prep for the March 2023 SAT! Attend in person, view live online via Zoom, or watch the recording at your convenience.
Time & Location
Jan 16, 2023, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Heritage Village Activities Center, 2 Village St, Southbury, CT 06488, USA
About the event
The PSAT report provides valuable insight into students' testing strengths and challenges. Doing a thorough assessment should be the first step towards creating an individual SAT study plan.
In this two-hour, hands-on workshop, students will:
- Identify their authentic strengths and challenge areas
- Hook up PSAT scores to Khan Academy for Customized Practice
- Review the concept of test-optional and how colleges view reporting/not reporting scores in the application process
- Examine the structure, scoring, question difficulty, pacing, and process of elimination strategies necessary to reach top test score potential
- Deconstruct the characteristics of “right” and “wrong” answer choices
- Understand passage organization to evaluate author’s purpose.
- Pinpoint the Most Commonly Tested Standard English Conventions
By the end of this session, students will have a clear understanding of the format and function of the test, their strengths and error patterns, and a test prep study plan to best help them prepare for the SAT.
BONUS: All students will receive a complimentary digital folder containing over 30+ resources, including insider tips, tricks, and insights into test prep and the college admissions process.
About Instructor Eileen Sullivan Studdert: Eileen is the owner of Performance Prep & College Admissions a premier boutique tutoring company that has steadily grown its business over the last nine years. Its reputation is founded on providing concierge service with successful outcomes, empowering students and alleviating parents' stress surrounding the college process. Eileen is a member of the Independent Education Consultant Association (IECA) and National Test Prep Association (NTPA). She received her MA in English Education from Fordham University. She received her College Consulting Certification from The University of California, Irvine, with distinction in 2017.
- Ticket type
Attend in person or via Zoom. Workshop will also be available to all registrants as a recording after the event.Price$25.00